Known for its innumerable health benefits, cow’s milk has long been an inseparable part of and abundantly used ingredient in every Indian kitchen. Be it a sore throat or acid reflux- ‘Haldi doodh’ is the cure to all. The nutritional composition of milk is highly complex. It contains almost every single nutrient that your body needs.
Here are the 5 proven facts to establish that cow milk helps you be stronger and healthier-
- Strengthens Immunity: Milk contains nutrients like Vitamin D, and immunoglobulins that boost the immune system and in turn reduce the risk of allergies. In addition to calcium and protein, cow’s milk also contains excellent micronutrients including antioxidant compounds like vitamin E, selenium and zinc.Milky Moo’s Super Vitamin Milk is homogenised and contains a high amount of Vitamin A and D. Consume a glass of truly pure, fresh and healthy Milky Moo’s Super Vitamin milk to build stronger immunity.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes – Milk from grass-fed cows is an excellent source of protein and contains hundreds of different fatty acids, including conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and omega-3s. Conjugated linoleic acid and omega 3- fatty acids have many health benefits including a reduced risk of diabetes.
- Helps build muscles and strengthens bones – Milk is often called “complete protein” as it contains all 9 amino acids. The branched amino acids, i.e. whey protein present in the milk helps in building muscle, preventing muscle loss, and boosting muscle repair. Milk is also an excellent source of Vitamin K, D, phosphorus, and magnesium, which helps in strengthening bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Helps with inflammatory issues- The combination of complete animal proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidant compounds in milk make it an incredible anti-inflammatory substance. There’s a reason why people drink milk following a spicy meal. The unique blend of nutrients can soothe inflammation as well, improving the efficiency of digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Helps promote weight loss- Milk’s high-protein content helps you feel satisfied for a longer period, which reduces the chances of overeating. Additionally, studies show that the conjugated linoleic acid in milk can boost weight loss by promoting fat breakdown and inhibiting fat production.